What is a Twilight Photo?
A twilight photo is taken usually of the exterior of the property, at dusk. It is used to showcase landscape/property lighting, pool lighting and features like fire pits, and also to showcase a beautiful sunset. Agents like twilight photos because they “look cool”, and they are different from the regular exterior shot. They are more likely to grab the attention of the buyer when a home search is performed and thumbnails of properties are returned.
Benefits of a Twilight Photo
- They look cool. They just do. (Although they have to be done correctly!)
- They showcase property lighting that a buyer generally doesn’t see because they most likely are viewing the home in daylight.
- They allow you to stick out from your competition by offering a service they don’t offer.
- They allow you to add a high-value (aka $$$) service to your product list.
- They bring clients to you who normally list higher-end properties, and are more likely to use twilight photography services.